The Task Status can be updated in the app while the Task is being worked on.
When a status is set, users can see the latest status reflected in the App. Setting a Task Status allows Project Managers, Foremen, Field Managers to get an up-to-date look at what’s going on with the Task.
Task Statuses include:
- TBA: “To be Assigned” - this is the status that is automatically set when a task is created
- Assigned: this is the status that is set when at least 1 user is assigned to that task. By default, a manually created task is automatically assigned to the user who created the task.
- In Progress: when a worker assigned to the task is ready to begin work on that task, they can change the status to In Progress to let others know that this task has begun.
- Done: when a worker has completed their assigned task, they can change the status to Done to let their Foreman, Supervisor, or Team Lead know that the task is completed.
- Verified: for some companies, their projects require a level of approval directly from the worker’s supervisor, foreman, or team lead. In this case, the Task Status of Verified can be used for the worker’s direct field manager to review and verify that the task was completed.
- Note: for more simplified project workflows, you may not need to move tasks from Done > Verified > Approved. These statuses are available to use or not use according to your project’s processes.
- Approved: for some companies, their projects require a final level of approval from the project manager, superintendent, engineer, etc. In this case, the Task Status of Approved can be used to provide final approval of a completed task.
- Note: for more simplified project workflows, you may simply choose to move a task directly to Approved status to denote the final completion of a task.
- Blocked: when a task can not be continued, worked on or completed due to unforeseen circumstances, a worker, foreman, project manager, etc can mark the task as Blocked. A worker can leave comments on the Task Chat to indicate reasons for the block - e.g. materials delay, labor shortage, weather, impact from previous task dependency, etc.
- Rework: when a task is marked as Done and is undergoing review by the foreman, supervisor, etc, they can indicate the Task was not completed correctly or per spec. In this case, they can change the Task Status to Rework. This indicates to the worker/foreman that additional work must be performed to correct any issues. Comments can be added in the Task Chat to help clarify what additional issues must be resolved before updating the status to Done again.