To add new people to your company projects in C4, you will need some basic information in order to create and invite these people - Full Name, Mobile Phone Number, Trade (eg Electrician, Carpenter, Painter, etc), and Email Address (only when inviting other Admin users).
Select the "Workers" tab on the left hand side of the screen. Once there, click on the blue "Add Worker" button in the upper right hand side of the screen to open the New Worker menu. It will look like this:
The Core platform uses Mobile Phone Number for logging in - (for both the App and C4 Web). Users who have been invited will be asked to enter their Mobile Number and a 6 digit verification code will be sent to them via SMS text. This simplifies and eliminates the need to remember passwords.
People who are invited may be designated as one of these roles: Admin users, Foreman users, and Worker users. You can always edit and change someone’s role later.
- Admin: A C4 Admin user has access to C4 and can Create/Edit/Remove other users. C4 Admin users can also Create/Edit/Delete Tasks. They can import task files and export csv files of tasks in C4.
- Foreman: A Foreman user has access to assigned tasks for the company’s project(s) in the Crews by Core app. A Foreman user can add other workers to the company’s projects in the app by scanning worker QR codes or manually entering in Worker information (name, phone number, etc). A Foreman user interacts in the app in all the same ways a Worker user can (see below).
- Worker: A Worker user has access to their assigned tasks for the company’s project(s) in the Crews by Core app. A Worker can view Tasks in their Task List and view Task Details. They can update Task Statuses and enter Task Completion Amounts. In addition, they can send chat messages to other users about Tasks or send photos to the Task Chat rooms. They can also create 1:1 or group chats with other users (eg “Painting Crew”).
Adding “Organization” tags to Users
When you create users in C4, you also have the ability to “tag” users by the “Organization” that they are in.
For example, if you are creating many Workers’ accounts for different Subcontractors who will be working on the project, you can tag the individual Worker with the name of the Subcontractor group they work with. Example: Worker1, Worker2, Worker3 all work for ABCSub; in this case you can create a tag/label in the “Organization” field called “ABCSub”.
The Organization tag allows users in the app (or C4) to Filter by Organization when looking at the Worker List when assigning Workers to tasks.
This field allows you to assign multiple Organizations if you wish. For example, the worker could have the “ABCSub” tag and also have another tab that is “Painters Crew”. This allows for Filtering by either one of those Organization tags when you’re ready to assign tasks.
Informing Invited Users
When you create Users in C4, you have a choice of how you want to let them know they have been invited to the Crews by Core platform. For Workers and Foremen, they’ll be informed to download and install the Crews by Core App. For Admin users, they’ll be informed to navigate to the C4 Web link.
- For Workers and Foremen, you can select the option to notify the invited worker via SMS. They’ll get a message via SMS that they have been invited to install the Crews by Core app and log in to start working on Tasks.
- For C4 Admin users, you can select the option to notify the invited admin via email. They’ll get an email with a link that takes them to the log in screen of C4.